Gagauzian Manja (Chicken gravy)
- 1,5 tsp of seasoning “Murdea” from ASW
- 700g chicken
- 70 ml vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- ½ tbsp ASW paprika
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 dry bay leaves from ASW
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of preparation
- Cut young chicken with medium pieces. Heat 70 ml oil in a cauldron and add the chicken. Sauteing over medium heat until browned on all sides. Don't worry about cooking it through. Remove chicken from cauldron and set aside.
- Add finely chopped onion and carrot into the cauldron and saute for about 7 mins. Add 1/2 tablespoon of paprika from ASW or red bell pepper jam and stir.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour, continuing to stir to avoid lumps. Simmer with the lid open for another 5 mins.
- Pour boiled water and mix well until gravy comes homogeneity. In consistency should resemble kefir.
- Salt to taste and add bay leaf.
- Add the chicken pieces back in the cauldron and cook with the ajar lid until cooked over reduce heat to low.
- 5 minutes before the end, add seasoning Miurdea from ASW and pepper to taste, you also can add 1/4 teaspoon of ground chili pepper.
- When dish will be finished cover and let sit off heat another 10-15 min before serving.
Serve with polenta. Bon Appetit!