Homemade Apple Crumble
- 6 cups apples peeled and chopped, 1" pieces
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or mix "For Turkish Coffee" from ASW
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon from ASW
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger from ASW
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ cup unsalted butter cold, cut into cubes
Method of preparation
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place all topping ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix butter with flour and other ingredients kneading it with a fork until crumbs state when small pieces of butter are covered with flour and sugar mixture. Place the crumble topping in the fridge while preparing the apples, this helps keep it from melting and keeps it crumbly.
- Chop and place apples in a 2qt baking dish and toss with sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle topping over top and bake 35-40 minutes or until golden and apples are soft.
- Serve warm with ice cream.