Garlic Butter Rice
- 2 tablespoons of dried chopped garlic from ASW
- 2 – 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola, grapeseed or other neutral flavoured oil
- 2,5 teaspoons garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons butter salted or unsalted, divided
- 1,5 cups white rice medium or long grain is best (raw)
- 2,5 cups chicken broth
- ¼ – ½ cup scallions finely sliced
- White pepper from ASW
Method of preparation
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add 2 tbsp butter.
- Once melted, add garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic starts to turn light golden and the butter is well infused with garlic flavour.
- Add rice, stir to coat in garlic butter.
- Add broth, place lid on saucepan. Bring to simmer then immediately turn down to medium low.
- Cook for 12 – 15 minutes or until liquid is all absorbed by the rice. Tilt saucepan to check.
- Remove from stove but leave lid on. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork, transfer into serving bowl.
- Stir through remaining butter and scallions, or garnish as per photos.
- Sprinkle with crispy garlic, salt, and pepper.