Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200 - 220g medium pasta penne, shells or rotini
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon of AllSpiceWorld spice "Basil"
- 1/2 teaspoon of AllSpiceWorld spice "Oregano"
- 2 cups chicken chopped and cooked
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk for a lighter version
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
Method of preparation
- Preheat oven to 230 °С.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in pasta, canned tomatoes, water and tomato paste. Let simmer about 2 minutes less than package calls for so pasta is VERY al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in chicken, seasonings, and cream.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned.