Creamy Lemon Thyme Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper from ASW
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme from ASW
Method of preparation
- Rub the chicken breasts with garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add chicken breasts. Cook the breasts for 5-6 minutes on each side till cooked though and not pink from inside.
- Once cooked, take the chicken breasts out of the pan and set them aside on a plate. Cover the plate with foil to keep the breasts warm.
- In the same pan heat butter and add the flour. Stir the flour for a minute and slowly start whisking in the milk till all the milk is incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Simmer the sauce while stirring occasionally till the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the remaining salt, lemon zest and thyme and mix.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer for two more minutes.
- Serve immediately.