- 1 small eggplant diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 1 bell pepper green, yellow or orange, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil from ASW
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves from ASW
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley from ASW
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper from ASW
- Fresh basil and parsley for serving
Method of preparation
- Toss eggplant with salt and let drain in a strainer 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat, 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggplant and cook until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Cook uncovered 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally until vegetable reaches desired doneness. (Shorter for tender crisp veggies, longer for softer veggies and stewed tomatoes).
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to test.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve hot or warm.